I do however, put together a binder with some important papers. That's what I spent part of last weekend doing. Daisy Binders.
The binders include:
- Cover sheet for binder with their name and Troop Number
- Girl Scout Promise and Law
- Daisy Petal Tracking Sheet
- Coloring pages for the Girl Scout Law
- Copies of the Safety Award and My Promise, My Faith pin requirements
- 2 At Home Award sheets for completion
- Copy of the Troop Leader/Parent Agreement
- Copy of the Code of Conduct
Once I have meeting dates for next year, I'll give them each a pre-punched sheet for our Meeting Schedule and additional events.
Instead of parents spending $16.75, the binders cost roughly $2.50. I got the six pack of 1" binders with durable clear plastic cover at Sam's.
In addition, I used one binder for Safety information and one for Meeting Plans. This means I don't have a HUGE, bulky, heavy binder to take with me everywhere like I do for the Cadettes... that may be changing soon, too.
Our first Daisy meeting is next week and I'm excited, nervous, and ready to get started. I will give them their uniforms, binders, a bag, and a hair bow. The hair bows are super cute and I got the ribbon on ebay.